The Hobbit Remains #1 While Jack Reacher Slides Down the Box Office Ratings
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey has once again topped the box office sales for the third week in a row earning $32.9 million dollars this past weekend reaching sales of over $600 million globally.
Taking second place is Quentin Taratino’s Django Unchained, which had a reported budget of $83 Million, bringing in $30.7 million over the weekend, while Les Miserables slid to third place with $28 million. Les Miserables, which cost $61 million to make, has already earned over $100 million in just a week of release. Not too shabby.
Billy Crystal and Bette Midler’s Parental Guidance pops down to number four earning itself $14.8 million, while Tom Cruise’s anticipated character of ‘Jack Reacher’ once again flops out at number five with only $14 million in sales.
The Box Office top 5 chart is below with the total domestic gross to date in brackets.
1) The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey – $32.9 million ($686.7 million)
2) Django Unchained,– $30.7 million ($64 million)
3) Les Miserables – $28 million ($116.2 million)
4) Parental Guidance – $14.8 million ($36.4 million)
5) Jack Reacher – $14 million ($67.2 million)
TELL US – WHAT MOVIE HAVE YOU SEEN LATELY?