Texas Chainsaw 3D Slaughters the Competition In Box Office Sales!
Slasher flick, Texas Chainsaw 3D, slaughters the competition this weekend topping the box office at $23 million dollars. This is the seventh film in this franchise proving it still has the legs to stand on. The film stars Alexandra Daddario and Dan Yeager and is directed by John Luessenhop. Not bad at all for a movie which only had a $8 million budget.
Taking third place is Peter Jackson’s epic beginning to the Lord of the Rings franchise, The Hobbit at $17.5 million. Singing it’s way down to fourth place is Les Miserables with $16.1 million, while Parental Guidance, starring Bette Midler and Billy Crystal, landed in fifth place with $10.1 million.
Parental Guidance has earned an impressive $68.5 million in just a few weeks of release, well surpassing its $25 million budget.
The Box Office top 5 chart is below with the total domestic gross to date in brackets.
1) Texas chainsaw 3D - $23 million
2) Django Unchained,– $20.1 million ($106.4 million)
3) The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey – $17.5 million ($824.8 million)
4) Les Miserables – $16.1 million ($170.7 million)
5) Parental Guidance – $10.1 million ($68.5 million)
TELL US – WHAT MOVIE DID YOU SEE THIS WEEKEND?